Learning data science can be hard. It can be frustrating. It can also be confusing. That’s where we come in – datagy is a site that makes learning different data science and Python skills intuitive and easy to understand. Our in-depth guides often provide more than a handful of different ways to be able to accomplish the same thing, allowing you to tailor your approach to your own unique style!
Want to read some of our recent posts?
- Python: Get and Change the Working DirectoryLearn how to use Python to get and change the working directory of your code, using the os library and how to identify error codes.
- Python: Check if a File or Directory ExistsLearn how to use Python to check if a file or a directory exists, using the pathlib and os libraries, including writing conditional checks.
- Calculate a Weighted Average in Pandas and PythonLearn how to use Pandas to calculate the weighted average in Python, using groupby, numpy, and the zip function between two lists.
- How to Shuffle Pandas Dataframe Rows in PythonLearn how to shuffle a Pandas Dataframe using three different methods, including how to be able to reproduce your shuffle results.
- How to Remove Items from Python SetsIn this tutorial, you’ll learn how to remove items from a Python set. You’ll learn how to remove items using the remove method, the discard method, the pop method, and the difference_update method. You’ll learn the differences between each of these methods and when you may want to use which. You’ll also learn how to… Read More »How to Remove Items from Python Sets
- Python: Sort a String (4 Different Ways)Learn how to use Python to sort a string including how to sort strings using the sorted function, with case sensitivity or insensitivity.
- Python Multiline Comments (2 Different Options)Learn how to use Python add multiline comments, both by using single comments on multiple lines and multi-line strings (not as docstrings).
- Python Break, Continue and Pass: Python Flow ControlIn this tutorial, you’ll learn about Python flow control, using the break, continue, and pass statements. Each of these statements alter the flow of a loop, whether that be a Python while loop or a for loop. Understanding these flow control statements, such as Python break, allows you to gain control over your Python loops,… Read More »Python Break, Continue and Pass: Python Flow Control